Augusta Regional Airport (AGS) strives to build and maintain partnerships throughout the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA). We believe that due to the strong presence the airport holds in the community exposure of CSRAs local organizations and events will increase tourism and overall enthusiasm for our great arts, museums, non-profit organizations, schools, and festivals.
AGS has recently partnered with many museums, schools, and artists to provide entertainment and displays for the airport. Below are details of some of those exhibits.
- The Airport hosts several art exhibits through the year as part of their ongoing art program. As part of this program AGS partnered with Polo America to bring the National Colorful World of Polo exhibition to the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA). This display is the first national exhibition brought to AGS. The Airport was selected as a showcase in celebration of Aiken South Carolinas rich polo history.
Click here to see photos and artist biographies .
- Augusta Regional Airport has partnered with The Augusta Museum of History to receive curatorial services for numerous displays. Through this partnership the Airport has acquired artifacts to display that showcase Augusta's history, local musicians, and golf legends.
Click here to view photos of the various displays seen at AGS.
- The Airport recently constructed a new General Aviation Terminal. Within this new terminal building, local artists have showcased their artwork in the main lobby area. These artists have generously loaned their pieces to be displayed for CSRA visitors to view as they pass through the terminal.
Click here to view photos of the art work on display in the General Aviation Terminal.
- It is important to AGS to provide learning experiences to the youth of the CSRA. The airport partners with local schools, daycares, head start programs, and other child educational groups. Tours are given to these groups to educate them on the operations of their local airport, as well as the opportunity to see a aircraft. Small tours are provided twice a month and larger groups are accommodated bi-annually.
Click here to see pictures from these tours.
- Augusta Regional Airport partners with many other local organizations. The Airport has partnered with The Beagle Brigade which train beagles as border patrol agents. AGS also partners with local charity organizations to help raise funds. Two of these charities are The Ronald McDonald House and United Way.
Click here to see photos of other community involvement events.
- Augusta Regional Airport recognizes the strong military presence within our community. Fort Gordon Georgia is approximately fifteen miles from the Airport and with that AGS sees numerous military personnel travel through the terminal. AGS has provided the men and women that serve our country a suite to relax while at the Airport.
Click here for more information on the Airports Military Hospitality Suite.